so,here's a few questions to determine whether you are an online narcissist or not..
1. Have you ever feel compelled to update your facebook status?
2. Ever tweeted something irrelevant, just because you feel like it?
3. Is travel photos that you have uploaded only the best out of the bunch?
if you says yes to all questions, then you are AN ONLINE NARCISSIST!
i answered yes for all the questions..so no doubt that i am an online narcissist..i just realised it after reading the article..the signs that you are an online narcissist are as follows..
1. you consciously post status updates to make youselves sound wittier than normal
2. you profile picture is the best of the lot
3. your holiday album is edited to show only the good days
Alain de Botton says that 'narcissism is a way of making sure you are connected to somebody and somebody is connected to you, proving that you are alive'. ilove the statement int the article which says 'we have an inner narcissist that begs to be heard..which i agree!
the conclusion of the article is 'millions more are still going to indulge in themselves online because if anything, it makes them feel good to feel important'
yeahhh...the article really is the reality of some of us..but we actually dont care coz it is our facebook and it our own twitter..so if anyone annoyed by your constant status update or constant twittwering it is up to them to hide or unfollow you..easy!
source: article Are you an online narcissist from september 2010 issue of CLEO Malaysia